Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sblaney  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 6:53:53 AM(UTC)
sblaney

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Maytag MDG3706AWW gas dryer that I'm having an issue with it staying lit.

In most cases, the ignitor comes on, you hear the relay click for gas supply, the gas ignites, it runs for about 2-5 seconds and then you hear the supply valve click again and the unit goes out. If you let it run, this cycle continues. There are times when it will run for 50s to a minute and other times where the ignitor comes on and then goes out without being ignited.

I have fully cleaned all areas that had dust build up and the blower motor has lots of pressure, so I don't believe this would be the issue. There is continuity across the high limit sensor and thermal fuse, both before and after the process stops.

From what I'm reading in the forums, it seems as though it's likely the coils, but wanted to check if there is an easy way to eliminate potential other causes. I read an entry about someone having a weak hi limit switch, which was testing normal, but would clip on any heat whatsoever. Not sure if this is even possible or could be a potential cause.

Any help is appreciated.

Steve
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.