Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trucker64  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:22:13 PM(UTC)
trucker64

Groups: Registered

Dryer will not run. Didn't have power cord when i got it.Bought a new one. Dont know if i hooked it up right. Can someone help me.:mad: Have no book on it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:27:37 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mr Trucker,
Depending on whether you have a four prong power cord or three prong power cord the set up is mostly the same.
1. Three prong cord grey in color with no wire coloring visible: should have three wire connectors, the center wire will connect to neutral (the center connection on your terminal block) then the wire connections to the right or left of the center wire are your hot leads. They can be connected to either of the outer two terminal block connections. Both are 110/120v and the machine does not differentiate which should be L1 and L2.
2. Four prong cord black in color with color coded wires: here the white wire will connect to neutral the center connection on the terminal block. The green wire is ground and should be connected to the grounding spot near the terminal block. Then the red and black wires are your hot leads and I guess if you want to you can match the up to the left or right connections on the terminal block, again it doesn't matter.
Note: in some machines there is a metal grounding strap connected to the neutral connection on the terminal block. In this case you may either connect both the white and green wires to the neutral connection or disconnect the metal grounding strap and connect the green wire to that grounding connection.
trucker64  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 10:23:11 PM(UTC)
trucker64

Thanks you did a good job helping me .what you told me to do was great it worked.my dryer is working. MY DAUGHTER IS NOW REALLY HAPPY. NO MORE LAUNDROMAT.
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:44:07 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
:) Glad to help, thanks for using our forum!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply