Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Manec  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:49:44 PM(UTC)
Manec

Groups: Registered

This may be a bit of a shot in the dark since I cannot identify the exact model of my dryer (the sticker inside the door peeled away years ago). I've attached a picture of a dryer that looks just like mine if that helps. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:

My Whirlpool Duet dryer has been overheating for a couple of months. Even when I ran it on "low" heat, it still overheated, and never cooled down while drying clothes. I replaced the two thermostats that were connected to the heater coil housing (with OEM parts). It still overheated and blew the thermofuse. I replaced the thermofuse and vacuumed out all of the lint from the fan, vent, vent hose, etc. I checked for good air flow all the way out of the house and found no problems. It still overheated and blew the thermofuse again. I decided to replace the thermofuse, coil, and (again) both thermostats. It still overheated and blew the thermofuse.

Is there anything else that I could check? The best guess that I have left is that the electronic control system is malfunctioning and is not controlling the coil properly and is heating it up too hot, but I don't know if that is accurate.

Anyway, whatever clues you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Manec attached the following image(s):
Duet Dryer.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.