Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jburger  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 12:28:07 PM(UTC)
jburger

Groups: Registered

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I was hoping you might be able to help with parts and an explanation of what is going wrong with my older Maytag dryer. The model number of the dryer is LDE8300ACW.

[COLOR="Red"]Issue:[/COLOR] I typically use the Auto Dry setting to dry my clothes. On Auto Dry Regular Fabrics, the dryer heats up, the timer advances a little, and then it gets stuck and won't advance any further. The dryer will keep tumbling indefinitely and won't shut off.

However, on Time Dry, the timer works fine. It advances normally, and shuts off after the duration of time you set it to (e.g., 60 minutes).

The research I've done says there is a moisture sensor with metal electrical contacts that might be clogged up with lint/debris or needs to be replaced.

I have attached a Repair Parts List for this model. Hope this helps.

I looked inside the drum and at the Repair Parts List and cannot locate any moisture sensor. Where is the moisture sensor located? Or is there a thermostat that I need to replace instead that might be causing this issue?

Any help with parts and pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

jburger
File Attachment(s):
Repair Part List - LDE8300ACW.pdf (287kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.