Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
etorres54  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:46:15 AM(UTC)
etorres54

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool clothes dryer Model Number GLHE7900W0 and the timer stopped working. The dryer works fine but the timer does not keep track of time and it runs constantly. I am looking for a replacement but I think that part is obsolete. Is there any part you recommend me purchasing that will be a replacement for the mentioned timer? I found this two part numbers Motor Timer p/n 685886, and the Timer p/n 687939. Not sure if they are correct. Do I need both or do I need just one? Your time and consideration in this matter are greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 6:46:20 AM(UTC)
thorning

Groups: Registered

Most of the timers on older dryers are operated by a small 110 volt motor which runs thru a series of plastic gears and in turn rotates the timer cams inside the timer assembly. After a long period of time some of these plastic gears will wear out. Also inside the timer assembly the cams turn and move the contact levers to make and break the electrical connection. After long continued use some of these contact points stick or will fail to make contact preventing the electric power to flow. If your timer is bad and the dryer is very old it may be time to replace it as the cost of a timer is often quite high and not worth the cost of repair. An alternate p/n may work but you need to be able to match up ALL the connectors. I dont think you can buy a timer motor separate which means you must buy a timer assembly. If is is obsolete another Whirlpool model timer may fit and work.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply