Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hooie  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:49:20 PM(UTC)
Hooie

Groups: Registered

Hello all! I have been working on both my washer and dryer for quite sometime now. I can't even begin to tell you everything that has happened but needless to say, I currently have 2 washers and 2 dryers. Each one has something wrong but why wouldn't they! :)
For now I will focus on my dryer.
I have a Kenmore 110.66722694 that has had multiple issues.
First, it had no heat, then electrical issues, then the timer wouldn't stop on timed dry, and now its too hot.
What I have done so far: Replaced the heating element and thermal fuse, cleaned the entire unit, repaired my timer, and "reset" the "non" resettable thermostat. I have checked continuity for all thermostats and fuses. Everything was good so I reassembled the dryer and used it. Noticed the top was getting really hot and the clothes themselves.
My thinking is this: (once I receive answers on here and when I can pull the dryer out again though to test everything again)
Could I use the thermostats from a different dryer model # 110.86071110 to put in my current dryer if they also test good? Both are Kenmore dryers and I know they are different part #'s but if the tempatures and everything else match, I don't see why I couldn't?
I don't have the money to keep replacing things or the money for a new set. I am just trying to do the best I can with what I got. Lol Mother of 3 boys and no laundry is not ideal.
Thank you all so much! Any and all advice welcomed!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.