Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blkhwks19  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 9:06:20 AM(UTC)
blkhwks19

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune (Model #mdg6700aww) that is about 10 years old (not really sure, it came with the house). It's been working fine for about a year or so, and lately it seems to have some issues.

The problem is that there seem to be a few different types of issues and, worse, they appear to happen only SOME of the time when I run a load. Very difficult for me to reproduce the issue. But it boils down to either the clothes not getting dry (which leads me to believe a heat sensor or the heating element isn't working as it should) AND/OR the timer not shutting the dryer off at the end of the cycle. It will sit on 1 minute for wayyyyy too long. Either the heat sensor is not sensing that the clothes are dry, and therefore keeps the thing running, or the timer is bad.

I ran the diagnostic tests in the manual to see if any error codes are being thrown and all I get are diagnostic codes 10 and 11. 10 indicates that clothes are still wet (which is expected, since the dryer isn't working properly and therefore, not drying my clothes properly). The 11 code isn't in the manual though, so I'm not sure what it means. No other error codes.

I don't have a problem ordering/replacing a part or two myself, but I'm not entirely sure if it's a timer thing, or a sensor thing, or a heating element thing, etc. Part cost isn't a HUGE concern but I don't want to just spring for and replace, say, 5 different parts when the problem is really only one.

Can someone offer some help to narrow this down so I can take the next steps of fixing it? Any help is MUCH appreciated! =]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.