Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redsel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:39:08 AM(UTC)
redsel

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the hi temp thermostat on this unit (4) times thus far, it works fine for a few months then stops heating. Washer and dryer are in a confined space [laundry room / pantry] with just enough room for them to sit side by side. Could close proximity cause overheating? (vent is kept clean and is not obstructed. Replacing high temp thermostat always corrects the problem, though I have replaced everything except the heating unit. I have a similar though older Kenmore dryer at another property, it is in the basement with plenty of space around it. I have replaced the high temp thermostat on it several times as well. Are these machines prone to high temp thermostat failure? Is there a more robust thermostat available? If heat from confined area is the problem how can I alleviate? Would raising dryer or making a little more space behind help?, run without back cover?, install fan? It`s a hassle to continually access it to replace parts. Help!:(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.