Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
igorw  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 4:30:56 PM(UTC)
igorw

Groups: Registered

I have a maytag neptune gas dryer that was running great until earlier this week. The console completely stopped responding. When plugged in it will light up, the start/stop button blinks, but none of the buttons are responsive. Also there is no change in the console or LED display if the door is closed or if it is open, the console just stays partially lit (kinda like it is supposed to do when you first open/shut the door) and the controls do not don't respond (no beeps/chirps either).

Based on what I have read before it's either a faulty controller board or a faulty membrane. When it did start acting earlier this week (intermittently) up I was able to enter the service mode and do a membrane test without any problem. I also found a code 08 (sticky key i think) that was in there but was not able to reset it.

Any better guesses as far as which of the 2 parts I need to replace?
Also what are the respective part number I need?

Model: MDG5500AWW
Serial number: 62761954CN

The control board information reads:
AS-NDLED-30 LED DRYER Controller 63719670
DAC331910107 E211075

Any help is much appreciated.
-Igor
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

igorw  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 1:13:47 PM(UTC)
igorw

Can anyone maybe tell me where I can find which part numbers I need based on the model number and serial number??
I already checked the manufacturer's website but there were 5 control boards listed for that model.
Thanks!
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 4:23:39 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi, Igor.

Kak dela? :)

The control boards for your dryer is no longer available. You may try to send it for rebuilding, but the success rate is quite low.
Based on what the symptoms are you should replace the control panel assembly which is still available

Part number: AP4043476
Part number: AP4043476

Before ordering the new console try to clean the flex ribbon connector contacts, make sure it's seating properly at the control board plug.

Good luck. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you,

Simon.
igorw  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:18:38 AM(UTC)
igorw

Awesome, thanks Simon.
I checked the board and it looks like it was manufactured yesterday and there is no dust on the board or in the control assembly so I don't think cleaning will have any effect. The ribbon was also seated correctly when I removed the board.

I have ordered the above mentioned panel using your provided link. I will update once I receive it and put it back together.

Just in case, could you provide me with the part number for the control board? Maybe I can find a used one online should the board itself be bad.

Thank you for your help!
-Igor
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:46:48 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The part number for the control board is 33003028. Be careful when buying on internet: there are no new boards available and even Sears is offering the rebuild boards only.

Thank you,

Simon.
igorw  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 9:51:14 AM(UTC)
igorw

Thank you Simon.
I received the part last week and installed it this weekend, everything appears to be working again. I will keep an eye on things and the old part just in case it starts acting up again.

Again, thank you for your help!
-Igor
Simon / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 11:26:16 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome. It's my pleasure!

Simon.
igorw  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:30:09 AM(UTC)
igorw

Hi Simon,
Well that worked until 2 days ago. Now the dryer spins but the gas is never ignited. I gather this because there is a gas smell and the dryer does not get hot. After looking online it looks like the control board might be bad, other possibilities exist as well. I am thinking control board because of the problem I just had.
Because the board is no longer being made I am going to return the control panel assembly, scrap this dryer, and purchase a new one.

Thanks again for your help and too bad it did not work out.
-Igor
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply