Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yyzt4e  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 4:58:45 PM(UTC)
yyzt4e

Groups: Registered

Hi guys, I have come here in the past and have received nothing but good help. I have been stumped again. I have a dryer that two days ago was heating intermittent. I checked the opening to view the gas valve and igniter. The igniter was glowing the first time and the valve opened and I has flame but only for about 30 seconds and it shut off. was off for about a minute and repeated the same cycle. today I checked it the same way and the igniter worked but no gas. I had dinner and check it again tonight and it lit once and went back out. Then I disassembled the dryer and checked from the thermal fuse, cycling thermostat, igniter, flame sensor and the coils. The 3 prong coils range for testing was 300-2000 ohms. It tested at 450. I know its within the stated range but with it only a little above could I be getting that intermittent flame? I'm kind of lost with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:25:54 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

It sounds like a classic case of control coils failure. Try to replace them, it's a new style coils and can't be replaced with the old traditional coils :(. If worst come to worst, you can return them back to us within one year from the purchase date.

Part number: AP5177867
Part number: AP5177867

Also, the 30 seconds flame on is too short. Did you put wet clothing inside the dryer? If yes, check the exhaust for restrictions.

Good luck. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you,

Simon.
yyzt4e  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:43:01 PM(UTC)
yyzt4e

Yes I did put stuff in the dryer. Since starting this I have disassembled the dryer and cleaned everything ad rechecked, no restrictions.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:49:13 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Try the coils.

Thank you,

Simon.
yyzt4e  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:47:07 PM(UTC)
yyzt4e

Thanks Simon, Its ordered and I will let you know when it gets installed. Thanks again.
Chrisfromiowa  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 9:00:34 AM(UTC)
Chrisfromiowa

I'm having the same problem with a Kenmore 80 series gas dryer that is about 10 years old. I've replaced the coils, the igniter, the thermal fuse, and the high and low temp thermostats. I have tried all the different settings and get the same result, the flame comes on for 30 seconds then off. Anything else come to mind?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply