Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NikTy15  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 6:59:24 AM(UTC)
NikTy15

Groups: Registered

Today I went to start a load of laundry in my Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer (Model #: WED6600VW0) and the machine won't start. I am able to turn the machine on and set what type of dry cycle I want, but when I click the start button nothing happens & after 5 seconds or so time display shows "F 1" blinking. I have done some research on google for this error, but some articles say it could be the thermal fuse needs to be replaced, and others say it has to do with the control panel not recieving the signal. There is a large difference in the prices of parts for the 2 suggestions so I want to make sure I order the correct part for the error....Any help with this issue? Thank you.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

UncleRodge  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:01:20 AM(UTC)
UncleRodge

Groups: Registered

You can test the Thermal Fuse use a multimeter set in the ohms position. Locate the Thermal Fuse and disconnect the wires. Put each probe to each terminal the wires were on.

If you get no reading at all (needle on multimeter does not move) the Thermal Fuse is bad. If you get a reading, meaning it moves toward 0, the Thermal Fuse is good. By crossing the probes over each other you will see the needle move to 0. This will test multimeter to be sure it is working.

Also check for a partially flipped breaker. If it is only getting 110volts of power may give this error code.

At least you can eliminate these possibilities. Others may have more as well, but it's a start.

Rodge @ http://flippingappliances.com/
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 9:56:17 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
According to the tech sheet for your model, F1 error code means a faulty control board.

Whirlpool W10111616 Electronic Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply