Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnsonmitch  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:32:11 AM(UTC)
johnsonmitch

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Dryer PYE2000AYW. There has been absolutely no issues with this dryer until now, and that is why I am trying to get it fixed. The other day i went to use it and had no light, etc. I opened and the top, removed front, removed drum, and cleaned all loose lint that was built up around motor from the last 15 years!. I checked continuity of the thermal fuse, and found out that it that was my problem. I bought a new kit which includes the thermal fuse and high limit thermostat. I only replaced the thermal fuse because the high limit thermostat seemed ok. I put everything back together and everything started on the dryer. I cleaned the vent line out of the house. The dryer ran 20 minutes then dryer shut off, and rechecked the the thermal fuse and found it was bad again.

So, I am ordering another fuse kit. When this comes in, i obviously can change the high limit thermostat at the same time, but what is the chance that is my underling issue. I am trying to figure out what else could cause this other than a blocked vent or high limit thermostat. I found a few people mention in other posts about replacing things like the heating element or possibly the thermostat. I understand how it could be the heating element if it grounds out to the system. (mine doesn't physically appear that it is close to the housing.) I don't understand how it could be the thermostat itself if it actually heating up.

I am just curious if i should order any other parts or things i should test instead of just ordering a fuse, waiting 3-5 days, installing it and hoping it doesn't blow again. From what I think I understand, there is a good chance it might be the high limit switch and I should have changed that right away, is that correct? Any further feedback or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mitch
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.