Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sandrakani  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:08:14 AM(UTC)
sandrakani

Groups: Registered

My son was drying clothes in my Kenmore Gas dryer. The cycle was nearly finished when timer quit advancing and dryer quit heating. Was told I needed to buy a new box. Cannot get a new timer as they dont carry it anymore Is there a univercal timer that can be adjusted to fit my dryer I havent tested anything else as i needed to order a new multi meter.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:28:53 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Timer part number is 3388905. I see 4 of them on e bay. What makes you think the timer is the problem? Will timer advance when set to timed dry cycle? Can you provide a photo of the wiring diagram?

Eric
sandrakani  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 12:21:19 PM(UTC)
sandrakani

Yes timer runs in both Timed(no heat) and air was told by Sears(online) that timer was bad got my son to take kick plate off I get glow and a click(no flame because I turned gas of) Sometimes heat works most times it doesn't
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 3:43:51 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

I doubt there is anything wrong with the timer. The timer will not advance in auto dry cycle unless the heat is functioning properly. The most likely problem is that the gas valve solenoid coils need to be replaced. If you replace the coils, I strongly advise only buying from APP as there are lots of low priced knock-offs on the market and they are total junk and unreliable.

Whirlpool 279834 Dryer Gas Valve Coil Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
sandrakani  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 6:03:32 PM(UTC)
sandrakani

Fairbanks56 Thanks for all your help My son and i put the new coils in for us not a quick fix dryer is now running but have some more question When i put the coils in I think I put them in upside down 3 prong at top and 2 prong on bottom Does that matter also door sensor Mine was the straight line with a blue wire on one side and a white wire across from it on the other side Does it matter how they were put back in?
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 6:45:14 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, you got the coils on wrong. They should only fit one way as they have alignment pins on them. Check the video on the parts link page. Doesn't matter how the wires are connected to the door switch.

Eric
sandrakani  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:56:39 PM(UTC)
sandrakani

Hi Eric Washed and dried 2 loads of clothes today ( Didn't put coils in upside down)Heat is cycling on and off as it should. However automaic care cycle on timer is still not advancing. had to use timed cycle Timer or something else ?
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:24:47 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

I had asked for a photo of the wiring diagram. I would need that in order to give advice as that wiring diagram is no longer available online.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply