Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Don Akina  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:34:45 AM(UTC)
Don Akina

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2 electric dryer is not drying. It starts, it tumbles but no heat. I have replaced the heating element but it still won't dry. Besides the thermal switch or the thermal cut-off are there any other parts that I might need to replace to make this dryer heat again? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:59:48 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
First, try resetting the AC panel breaker for the dryer. Sometimes, one half of the breaker can trip without tripping the whole thing. You would then need to check for 240vac at the dryer cord connection block on the back of the dryer. The motor runs from 120vac but the heat runs from 240vac. If you have 240vac to the dryer and the connections at the cord terminal block are intact, then the possibilities include, timer, temp switch, thermal cutoff, operating thermostat, hi limit thermostat and motor switch. These are all in series in the heat circuit. You would need to do some troubleshooting with a multimeter to narrow down the failure unless you just want to swap parts til it's fixed.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply