Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HammerSings  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:22:07 PM(UTC)
HammerSings

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Centennial dryer (electric) that won't start. Before it became a no start issue there were 2 other problems.

First, it would run for overly long times. Seemed like it didn't get to complete the cycle. It would run properly after moving the timer/control and pressing the start button.

Secondly, it began to require fussing with the timer/control to get it to start. Sometimes it took pushing/pulling the control knob, sometimes a twist.

My thinking is that the timer/control unit has failed. However, after speaking with a repair tech where I went to by a replacement, I'm puzzled.

The dryer isn't 2 years old yet. The tech told me that he's never seen a timer/control go bad on a Maytag that new. He suggested that there would be a problem with the BK wiring.

I have been at this machine at least 3 times with a multimeter. I've got good power at the terminal block. I've tested the door switch, thermal fuse, high limit thermostat, thermal cutout and the cycling thermostat. I've even tested every BK wire I could get at for continuity. I've disconnected and reconnected all the connections to the timer/control. Can't find anything wrong!

Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.