Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djohnson75  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:04:16 PM(UTC)
djohnson75

Groups: Registered

After running for a while, annoying clicking noise sporadically (and bursty) sound occurs. Appears related to flame and only happens when the flame is burning. Does not happen throughout the entire drying cycle and does not keep clicking for the entire time in that drying cycle once it starts.

Note: I have replaced the gas valve coils. That did not seem to help

I would appreciate any help or direction in trying to address the problem.

3/28/15 - Update
I thought the clicking could be related to the "Intelli-dry" mode of operation... maybe the sensor or another related part... Have been exclusively using the "time dry" mode for a few weeks, but problem still occurs. I'm hoping there is someone out there with other ideas. The dryer is working (drying clothes fine), but the clicking is still annoying. May have to call in an expert.

4/11/15 - Update - RESOLVED ISSUE
After lengthy Chat session with an AppliancePartsPros person I did not have an answer, but with additional information decided on a course of action. Before just replacing suspected "flakey operation" parts, which was my suspicion, I decided to try cleaning them first. There was "enough" lint around the Flame Sensor and Cycling Thermostat to possibly cause an errant reading that might immediately be overridden by an accurate reading. This I thought would cause the sporadic cycling operation which would be the "clicking" noise.

After removing and thoroughly cleaning the lint from around these two parts the problem no longer occurred. No parts needed but... SUCCESS!

Thanks to the AppliancePartsPros Chat person (sorry I forgot her name) who spent time chating through what I was thinking and some possibilities!

I'm already on to the next appliance fixing adventure and have some parts I will be needing. My first stop will be AppliancePartsPros. I hope the resolution to my issue will be helpful to others, and if cleaning the sensors doesn't help, then AppliancePartsPros can help with replacements.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.