Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
compasst  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2014 3:30:11 AM(UTC)
compasst

Groups: Registered

For some time, I have suspected something is not right in the ignitor system of this drier. Sometimes loads dry readily on first run, other times the load is still quite damp and I have to re-set another auto cycle, sometimes more than once.

Yesterday, I noted that the flame did not ignite on first run of a new load. Tried restarting, cancelling and restarting several times. Nothing. No typical relay clicks to call for ignitor and then gas. I let it sit a while, tried again. It ignited and dried the load - almost. Had to run it again.

Since the system is an electronic user interface and since I can set several temperatures for drying, I'm betting that something in the electronics is not working well. Since it does work sometimes, the ignitor, thermal fuse, and relay coils are probably all OK. These typically would not work rather than allowing intermittent operation.

Any further troubleshooting hints would be appreciated. Also, a link to a schematic might be helpful. I'm accomplished in fixing things and troubleshooting, just not familiar with the internals of this unit.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.