Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bcich  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:02:56 PM(UTC)
bcich

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune dryer and the flame keeps cycling on and off. I have replaced the coils, igniter and flame sensor and the problem is the same. When the dryer first starts, the flame ignites for about 18 seconds, then kicks off. After about a minute, it will kick back on again for about 5 seconds, then off again. It repeats this pattern for the duration of the drying cycle. I have tested all of the fuses and limits and they appear to be in good working order. I briefly removed the high-limit sensor and the flame stayed lit, though I smelled a stronger burning smell. When I tested the high-limit sensor at room temperature it had continuity and when I removed it and tested it while heating it up, it appeared to turn off at the correct temperature. It appears that when the flame lights, it heats up the sensor immediately, as if the flame isn't being pushed far enough through the duct. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.