Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
theking4u  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:54:05 AM(UTC)
theking4u

Groups: Registered

Hi, It seems like the Even Heat Electronic Control Assembly or the control board seems to be getting burnt out. Specifically the transistors on DZ7, DZ6, DZ5, DZ4, DZ3. Problem started when the dryer would not stay on unless the start button was kept pushed. Also, even after keeping the button pushed for extended period of time the dryer was not producing any heat. Before deciding to replace the board I checked both relay switches, thermal fuse and heating element, all of them passed the continuity test. When I checked the voltage across the relay switches it read zero, so, I assumed it was not getting any voltage from the control board, thus control board was the problem. I ordered another control board online and replaced the current control board. When I pressed the start button the dryer ran for a few seconds and smoke came out of the control board and same problem as before started to occur. Dryer not staying on. Both boards had blemishes around those five transistors mentioned above, so, does anybody know what might be causing those transistors to burn out? What kind of transistors are those and can I replace those transistors? I have attached pictures of both of the control boards, the original and the one I ordered online. Any help would be much appreciated.

MOD: 110.62942100
Part Replacd: W10116565

Original Replacement Board:
Original Control Board - Imgur

Original Replacement Board Transistors zoomed on:
Original Control Board Transistors Zoomed - Imgur

Replacement Control Board:
Replacement Control Board - Imgur

Repalcement Control Board Transistors Zoomed on:
Replacement Control Board Transistors Zoomed - Imgur

Thanks again for any help...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.