Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rahillard  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 9:06:54 AM(UTC)
rahillard

Groups: Registered

I noticed that our dryer seemed to be running hotter than normal and a few weeks later it blew a thermal fuse. I replaced it and it blew again after one load. I then replaced the thermal fuse, hi-limit thermostat, thermal cutoff, and the thermister. The dryer was still running very hot so I set it on "Air Only / No Heat" and it still produces heat. Looked at the control board which showed signs of a very hot resistor so I replaced the control board just knowing that would do it but it STILL runs hot in the "Air Only / No Heat" setting. I tested the temp control knob using a VOM (checking continuity) according to the trouble shooting guide for this model and it tested ok.

:confused: :confused:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 10:28:15 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Either one of the heat relays is stuck closed or one of the heater elements is grounded. Unplug the dryer and open the control panel. Disconnect the red/white wires from one heat relay and check for continuity across the terminals on the relay. They should read open (infinity reading). Also check the other heat relay by disconnecting the brown wires and checking continuity across the terminals of that relay, again, should read open. If they check good, disconnect the brown and red/white wires from heater terminals and check resistance on highest scale from those terminals to the metal case. Should read open.

Eric
rahillard  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:25:33 PM(UTC)
rahillard

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the help Eric.

I tested the relays earlier in the process and they checked fine, however, today I rechecked the relays and found my A.C. Heater Relay stuck closed. I tapped on in and checked it again and it was open.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply