Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MRGETITFIXED  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:36:01 AM(UTC)
MRGETITFIXED

Groups: Registered

I have a whirpool electric dryer that runs but will not heat up at all and the timer does not advance. I've already changed the heating element, thermal fuse, and the dryer cycling thermostat which did not resolve the problem.

Nothing that I've done to this point has fixed the problem. I sure can use some good advice right about now.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:53:36 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Try resetting the AC panel breaker for the dryer. Your not getting L2 leg of power to the dryer either because half of breaker has tripped, faulty dryer power cord, faulty connection at power cord terminal block or faulty motor switch. If resetting breaker doesn't fix it, check for 240vac across outer terminals of power cord terminal block behind small cover on back of dryer.

Eric
MRGETITFIXED  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:41:33 PM(UTC)
MRGETITFIXED

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Try resetting the AC panel breaker for the dryer. Your not getting L2 leg of power to the dryer either because half of breaker has tripped, faulty dryer power cord, faulty connection at power cord terminal block or faulty motor switch. If resetting breaker doesn't fix it, check for 240vac across outer terminals of power cord terminal block behind small cover on back of dryer.

Eric

Thanks! I tried resetting the breaker but it did not work. How do I go about checking the 240vac?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:08:20 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does the timer not advance in both timed dry and auto dry? If so, you are most likely missing the L2 power leg or the motor switch is faulty. You would check for 240vac at the dryer receptacle and if good there, check at the power cord terminal block behind the small cover on the back of the dryer using a multimeter. If you have no experience doing this type of thing, I would suggest having a tech look at it. 240vac can be lethal if you come into contact with it.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply