Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Niteran  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:59:43 PM(UTC)
Niteran

Groups: Registered

Hello and I certainly hope someone can help me. I have had 2 "techs" come out and payed for service calls, a new main board and a drum motor and it still isn't fixed.
Here is the problem: I turn the dryer on and after about 12 to 18 minutes it shuts off makes a beep and the start button flashes. If I hit it again it starts for a couple seconds and shuts off. I noticed there was no air coming from the vent so I went to service mode and tested the blower. I can hear the relay click but the motor does not start and the display shows no RPM.
I then checked to see if the motor spun freely by hand and it did.
After I let it cool for a while it will come back on again. I ran only the blower motor from the service menu and it shut off around 12 min.

Is there anything else it could be? If I buy the blower motor I could have bought a new dryer.

Thanks in Advance.

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.