Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brobriffin  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 2:52:22 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I push and hold the start button the dryer motor starts and heats. It will not continue to run when I release the button. All thermostats and door switch are fine. I read that it might be the centrifugal switch. I tested the motor and the windings they are fine. The centrifugal switch works. I even swapped with a known working motor from a different unit. Still same issue. I have constant 120 on the orange wire (hot wire to post 6 on motor) so what the what is going on?????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 5:49:09 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Check for 120vac on the purple wire at motor after releasing start button. If it goes away, then either the motor switch is faulty or there is a problem with the motor connector. Terminal on orange wire not making good contact with motor receptacle. Once motor has started and motor switch is engaged, you should have constant 120vac on both orange and purple wires.

Eric
brobriffin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:35:28 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Fairbank56,
Your insight was genius. The orange terminal was not making contact with the motor pin 6. I wedged my volt meter probe in to see if it maintained voltage during start up and it kept running. I'll make a small adjustment to the female side of the terminal and now will have saved buying a new motor. I knew there had to be another answer......
Truly you all are the Appliance Pros!
I hope to be an expert one day LOL
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply