Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccauthe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:26:40 AM(UTC)
ccauthe

Groups: Registered

My dryer was running fine, but was not producing any heat so I checked vents (clear of obstruction) and checked the voltage at the outlet (240V). Then I checked all of the fuses and thermostats with a multimeter. The upper high-limit thermostat (aka cut-off thermostat) appeared to be the culprit. I removed it and replaced it with a working one (different part number, but similar temp limits) just to test it before I bought a new one. The dryer would not start. I then re-installed the old thermostat and still the dryer will not start. All wires to thermostats and fuses have been securely re-attached. What could have gone wrong!? Now I don't want to spend $30 on a kit to replace high-limit thermostats because I can't even get dryer to start... :( Help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:05:36 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What is the model number of the dryer? In general, the heat circuit including all thermostats, has no effect on the motor circuit. There may be, depending on model, a thermal fuse, generally located on the blower housing, that would affect the motor circuit.

Eric
ccauthe  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:27:04 AM(UTC)
ccauthe

I will get you the model number tonight when I get home but I did check the thermal fuse for continuity and it appeared to be fine. I will confirm this tonight and let you know.
Let me know if you think of anything else.

Thanks!!
ccauthe  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:02:57 AM(UTC)
ccauthe

Eric,

So, I tested the thermal fuse and it had gone bad (maybe because I tried to run the dryer with the wrong cut-off thermostat?). In any event, I had a spare thermal fuse (same part #) So I put that on and it is running again. So now I've ordered a cut-off thermostat kit that I'm going to install. Stay tuned because I may have more problems after I get it installed... :)

Thanks for the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply