Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rad_rob  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:38:58 PM(UTC)
rad_rob

Groups: Registered

So hopefully this will be a simple question for some of you pros on here. haha. Basically I just received this dryer from my sister yesterday and she purchased a new dryer because this one was not heating. I decided I needed a newer dryer anyways, so I would attempt to repair this one.

Please be patient with me, as this is my first time attempting to repair a dryer. I started off by testing the continuity on the thermostats. There are 3 of them on this particular unit. The top 2 made the beep when testing the continuity, and the lower one did not when using my multimeter. I tested the ignitor as well as the other suggested points to check, and everything seems to check out except for the lower thermistor.

In this photo, it was the lower of the 3 (I have it unplugged here)
UserPostedImage

Here is the part itself:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
http://www.********************...modelNumber=DBVH520GJ2WW

I checked the ignitor here as well as the heat sensor for continuity and everything seemed to check out ok.
UserPostedImage

I then checked the thermostat on the blower wheel assembly for continuity and it check out ok as well.
UserPostedImage

So basically my quesiton is this, could my heating issue be coming from that thermistor alone? If that is not functioning, would that keep the ignitor from igniting? I am going to replace it because its bad, but I am wondering if that alone could be the problem, or if I should be checking something else as well. I will be cleaning this out really well before reassembly, but I wanted to make the repairs first. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.