Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
prmirage  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:58:53 PM(UTC)
prmirage

Groups: Registered

Hoping someone can help out here...I have searched the forum and found some helpful suggestion that I have tried to no avail. So here is my problem.

I have Maytage Neptune Dryer Model: MDG6800AWW

Symptoms: Unit turns on under any setting and drum spins but there is not heat whatsoever.

Troublshootingeshooting:
1. Ensured all traps and exhaust tubbing free of excessive lint and/or obstructions. Outbound airflow is good.

2. As per this forum. Tested igniter and flame sensor with meter. Both tested fine.

3. With front panel removed I inputted a setting to dry clothes (there weren't any clothes in) , pushed the manually depressed the door switch, and watched as the drum bega igniter arean to spin. Within about 5 seconds there was an audible "tick" as a spark appeared from the igniter. However, nothing lit. No flame at all.

Theory:
I have to assume that with the spark coming off the igniter, that it is operating as it is supposed to. A thought occurred red to me as my head was as close as comfort would allow to the gas valve watching, that - I did not smell any gas. I have to assume that even in the small amount of time the flame should ignite, that I should be able to smell a little gas - but I don't. I double checked the wall valve behind the dryer and it is on.the gas

At this point I have to assume that my problem is the two solenoids that open and close the gas valve in the dryer. I have read in on this site that they can begin to go bad and that an indication is intermittent heat. I suppose it is possible that we never noticed any symptoms before and they (solenoids) have simply stopped working at altogether thereby not allowing gas to flow at all.

I'm looking for someone who concurs with my theory or has another suggestion(s). Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to hearing from someone soon!

Arvi
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.