Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scott65  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 2:28:26 PM(UTC)
Scott65

Groups: Registered

I have a Roper electric dryer model RED4400SQ0

Wife had finished drying one load folded it and then placed the next load in pushed the start and nothing. Not even sure where to start .... checked house breaker ..... outlet is fine ... so I'm thinking switch ...possible door or start ...... Not sure about thermal fuse ... all pretty much guesses based on some of the other posts I've read on the forum
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Scott65  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:11:17 AM(UTC)
Scott65

Checked dryer switch ....it clicks when pressed ...so probably not that..... Well as most of the other posts suggest it was the thermal fuse ...ditached wires ..temporarily put the wires tgether it ran .... got a new fuse ...runs like a top again ...thanks guys!
bentwrench1999  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:48:55 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Groups: Senior Expert

Welcome Scott. Your dryer has a thermal fuse on the rear panel. Remove the back panel and look for a ceramic (white) component attached to an air duct. It's stamped with a # 3392519. It's about 3/8" wide and 2" long. With a circuit tester, it should be closed. It's OK to jumper the 2 wires for "testing" purposes. If the dryer runs now, replace the fuse. The New Part is available on this site in Parts. AP3132867.Post your results please..wrench:)
Scott65  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 4:38:09 PM(UTC)
Scott65

Well initially after replacing the thermal fuse the dryer worked until yesterday. ( about 3 weeks)
Now It runs but no heat ..... high temp fuse tested bad, replaced it ...still no heat .... and yes before someone says it. I did see in another post about similair problem that it was recommended to replace it at the same time ....... live and learn .....

Any way pulled the heater coil out and one of the coils is broken so I will be getting a new one on Monday and hopefully fix it for a long time. And keep the wife off my back .... until something else comes to the long list of honey do's
Bill with damp clothes  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 6:40:35 AM(UTC)
Bill with damp clothes

Hi guys. I have a problem similar to Scott's. My wife did several loads of wash about a week ago. Then on the last load she put the clothes in and pressed the on button - but this time it wouldn't stay on. I down loaded the manual and parts list but this thing has a lot of sensors and switches. Could anyone recommend where to start. The on button does "click" and will turn the dryer on if you hold it down. But the flames won't start and it won't stay on. I opened the back of the dryer and looked behind the switch panel. And closed them back up. Should I just call a repair man or is there a switch or sensor I should begin with to see if I can fix it. My dryer is a four year old Whirlpool model GGW9878LWO that has been converted to propane.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply