Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Onlyloco  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 7:46:03 AM(UTC)
Onlyloco

Groups: Registered

Cheers,

Hey, I wanted to say thank you for all the assistance and for the quick shipping you guys offer. I have been having issues with my dryer for about a week. The dryer sometimes makes a high pitch noise when is running then it stops.After it stops, you can restart it again right away, but sometimes stays on for a few seconds, few minutes, or stays on for the remaining of the cycle. There is a low humming noise that becomes louder before it stops. If I had to guess, it sounds like the motors has too much load and just gives up.

I took apart the dryer yesterday and clean it all inside. I checked the drum support rollers, belts and look at the engine and it all looks good.

The only thing I didn't check is the blower parts in the back of the dryer. Could that section be causing this problem? If so how I can I take it apart and what part could be the issue?

Thanks in advance, I have a feeling may be the motor too but don't know how to troubleshoot.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:21:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool LER3624EQ1 Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the wiring diagram.

This is a strange problem so it may be hard to find.

I doubt is is an overloaded motor.
Overloading the motor would cause it to get hot. This would trip it's internal thermal protect stopping the unit. But then you would have to wait for the motor to cool down and the thermal protect to reset before you could re-start the unit.
Yours restarts right away so the motor is not overheating.

Try to figure out where that buzzing is coming from.

To double check that it is not a load problem try turning the drum in the correct direction by hand. It should turn fairly easily.

The buzzing may be a bad winding in the motor or a bad set of contacts either is a switch or the timer.
File Attachment(s):
LER3624.pdf (239kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply