Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom T.  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 11:27:13 AM(UTC)
Tom T.

Groups: Registered

There was another post earlier from Jerry A. that was identical to my problem...but, with a different model dryer... My GE dryer will start when the newly installed start switch is activated but as soon as you let go of the switch the dryer shuts off...I have found that tapping the switch in the on position works...but my wife would like her machine to work properly.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 3:58:58 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Backsplash, blower & motor assembly replacement parts for GE DBXR463EB0WW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Your dryer looks basically the same as jerry aiello's so the info for him should also apply.
http://forum.appliancepartspros...ll-not-stay-running.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
67imprice  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:54:44 PM(UTC)
67imprice

Groups: Registered

We have a newer style GE dryer, mod # DBXR463EB0WW,with the same problem. Only runs when you hold the start switch to the start position.

Problem turned out to be the 'idler spring switch' as suggested by "denman" for another poster who had the same problem.

This switch is at the very bottom part of the dryer and you need to to dissamble (very easy thanks to applianceaid.com dissambly instructions and pictures) the dryer top and front panels and then remove the drum to gain access to this annoying switch. I hotwired the connection with the switch removed, and VOILA the dryer motor kept running and did not shut off!

Now to locate the idler spring switch or just remove it permanently. I've worked on alot of dryers and notice that the older dryers did not have this aggravating switch. I guess it is there for safety reasons to shut off if the belt breaks, but I have never heard of a dryer catching on fire if a belt breaks.....

Keith Phillips
Durham, NC
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply