Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dmalone1949@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:40:40 AM(UTC)
Dmalone1949@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

I suspect that the gas valve coils on my dryer are fried. I get heat for a while and then it stops heating, even on the cotton/sturdy setting.

How do I test those coils to see if I need to replace them?
dmalone1949@gmail.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

masterquinn  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:16:13 AM(UTC)
masterquinn

Groups: Registered

hello,
gas coils are very tricky to test, and the test is unreliable. here is how you do it:
Test the coil for resistance using a multitester. Set the multitester to the ohms setting X10. Place a probe on each terminal. The multitester should change from a reading of infinity to roughly 1300 ohms (+/- 150 ohms) when the probes touch the terminals. If the reading is infinity or substantially different from 1300 ohms, the solenoid should be replaced.

now, here is what i would say. if your ignitor glows for a while, then turns off without igniting the flame, your coils are likely bad. also, if the flame lights once or even twice, then doesnt light anymore, your coils are bad. if the ignitor glows and stays on for a very long time, the flame sensor is bad. if the ignitor glows and lights the flame, then the flame turns off almost immediately, you most likely have an airflow problem.

so it really sounds to me like you need your coils replaced. they are rather inexpensive, and i would almost guarantee that will fix your problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply