Discuss

Unable to reattach back panel

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I took the back panel of my dryer off in order to clean out the lint buildup, and now I

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Unable to reattach back panel

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 PM

MeaganD87 is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to reattach back panel
Brand: -brand-   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I took the back panel of my dryer off in order to clean out the lint buildup, and now I am having an extremely difficult time getting it put back on. I have been unable to get the holes lined up correctly-the dryer drum being heavy doesn't help matters any. Any pointers on how to fix the issue? Thanks!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

The drum weight should not affect the back panel as it is not supported by the panel.

Check to see if the panel has tabs that have to be inserted into slots in the frame before the panel can be screwed on.