Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teb02  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:20:53 PM(UTC)
teb02

Groups: Registered

I replaced a broken dryer belt on my neighbors Danby Design dryer. I had never heard or worked on a Danby before. The belt was broken so I replaced it about a month ago. The new one broke last week. It is a very heavy belt for a dryer and I am surprised it snapped. They said it did have a heavy load in it when it broke. The belt goes around the drum, runs inside a v-shaped sprung idler, and around the drive pulley. The guys at work have no experience with this dryer. I can't find much info online about this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions for this situation?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

teb02  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:09:16 PM(UTC)
teb02

A little help?
masterquinn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:06:51 PM(UTC)
masterquinn

check the pulleys very carefully to make sure they are all turning smoothly. if one is stuck it will wear out the belt very fast. also make sure the belt is not slipping off one of the pulleys during operation. check also for sharp surfaces that could damage the belt.
by the way, the dryer appears to be of a similar model to the Amana DCD330EB3WC. the belt that this dryer uses is a part number WE12X10009. is this like the belt you replaced?
PDR51  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:15:23 AM(UTC)
PDR51

The Danby seems to be manufactured in way that makes accessing the dryer belt much more difficult than other manufacturers. Also, when I get to the pulley/drive system, it doesn't look like other models. Nevertheless, I believe I have correctly installed the belt. DOES THIS LOOK CORRECT?
PDR51 attached the following image(s):
Danby.jpg
Danby2.jpg
Danby3.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply