Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MBH54  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:21:53 AM(UTC)
MBH54

Groups: Registered
You have been a member since:: 6/27/2013(UTC)

My Frigidaire stack unit dryer GLET1031FS1 (typed an "I" above, but it actually ends in "1" not "I") has started squeaking. Very loud when you first turn it on, but it eventually goes away. I'm guessing this will only get worse until it squeaks all the time so I need to know what might be causing it and if it is something that I might be able to fix myself (ie degree of difficulty). UserPostedImage Thanks!
I have read several posts regarding this problem, but none for my unit. When I looked for rear bearing part (which seems to be the most common response), there were several pieces. If you think it is rear bearing, would you please tell me which parts to purchase and where I can find the diagram/repair instructions? Thanks so much!
One more thing - if there are related fairly inexpensive parts that it might be a good idea to replace while I have the dryer taken apart, please advise on that also. Thank you!

I think the part that most of the posts I have read are referring to is this:
Rear Drum Bearing Kit Part #AP2142648 Made By Frigidaire
Description

Dryer drum kit includes: Ball shaft, bearing, ball bearing, ball bearing retainer, high temperature lubricant and screws.

Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.c...42648.html#ixzz2kDEIIlTI
http://www.appliancepartspros.com
If you think this is what I need, would you please reply and also let me know what the level of difficulty would be. I have made repairs to this unit in the past, but I know some things are more difficult (better done by a pro) than others.
Thank you!
Sorry to keep editing, but I just cross checked the model and part number and it says they are not compatible, so please help! Tks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.