Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jewiley57  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:18:26 PM(UTC)
jewiley57

Groups: Registered

My dryer currently won't run. all the diagnostic checks look good. the door switch and thermal switch check out. I ended up going back to my dryer technical sheet and following all the steps from the beginning to see what my problem might be. Everything checked out fine until I got to the motor circuit test. After struggling to find the right terminals to test I think I finally found them and showed infinite resistance on both the main and start motor circuit. I assume the motor is dead and needs to be replaced but I am not sure. I find it odd that both circuits would be blown at the same time. Is that normal or am I not checking out the motor properly? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.