Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckysv7  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:45:01 AM(UTC)
luckysv7

Groups: Registered

I am a new user to the site and am hoping to get some repair advice on my dryer.

Back in May my dryer quit working. It finished the load that was running but wouldn't start back up, it just beeped and the "sensing" light was on. After some online reading I determined the fuse was something to check. I took the back panel off, disconnected the fuse and measured it with a meter and it was open. I even jumped the two wires with a piece of wire just to see and the dryer started...(note: I didn't run the dryer with the jumper, just wanted to verify it would start). So I replaced the fuse.

I wanted to determine why the fuse failed so while I was back there I took the cover off the lint duct inside the dryer and checked it, it was clear. Then I checked the dryer exhaust pipe in my crawl space and there were no obstructions.

Now the fuse has failed again. Does anyone have suggestions on what to check? It seems like if it was a bad thermostat or clogged vent or grounded heating element that it would fail immediately, not 4 months later. Is my logic there correct? Thank you in advance for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.