Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nogasrequired  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:51:39 AM(UTC)
nogasrequired

Groups: Registered

Maytag ldg 410 Auto dry control

UserPostedImageby Philip » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:39 pm
I have a Maytag LDG 410 Auto Dry control. The Igniter turns on for about 10-15 seconds at first then shuts off. Then turns on again after a minute or so runs for a short time and then turns off again. I have completely cleaned all the lint from the wheel chamber and exhaust tube. I also tried testing with no exhaust pipe hooked to the exhaust outlet.The intake vent is clear too. I can't tell if it is the heat sensor or a gas supply issue. I bought this second hand so I don't know the history of the parts. I know the dryer is at least 13 years old.I checked the continuity of the flame sensors by the igniter and found they read zero resistance.I have the front door off for the moment so I can't see why the ones below the wheel are getting tripped. I am hoping it would be a Thermal fuse or a flame sensor but sort of thinking a gas supply issue? I am trying to finish diagnosing this tonight so a quick response would be fantastic..
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nogasrequired  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:12:01 PM(UTC)
nogasrequired

First of all I have to correct a typo.. My FLAME came on for a while..My igniter shut off shortly after flames started.. I feel like a dork for not being clear..

I found another blog with my exact problem. I did the same thing..disconnected the high temperature thermostat with wires attached and the flame stayed on for a long time. I haven't had a chance to replace any parts yet so I am still w/out a dependable dryer. Check this blog out and see what you think.. I am curious if I replace thermo. would this be the end of it? Read then please reply as soon as you can. I really appreciate the time you spend on helping me diagnosing !

Maytag Dryer (LDG410) lights but won't stay lit - DoItYourself.com Community Forums
nogasrequired  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:16:39 PM(UTC)
nogasrequired

nogasrequired  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:18:55 PM(UTC)
nogasrequired

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply