Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KIRK71  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:39:17 AM(UTC)
KIRK71

Groups: Registered

The water on my LG front load washer wont turn off. It will continuously run during the cycle. It will even run with the machine unplugged from the power source. When I turn off the water supply during a cycle, then turn it back on the problem will go away for a little while. after the cycle has ended, the detergent dispenser is full of water. A fault PF will appear for a few seconds and then disappear with the cycle continuing. I can choose a speed wash setting and everything works normal with the exception of water standing in the detergent dispenser. Any help would be great!
Thanks
KIRK71
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:25:57 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Your model number is bad......if it's allowing water into the unit unplugged you have a bad water inlet valve...........The PF code is just power failure which is normal when you unplug it or it loses power. There's always water in the detergent drawer in the different spots that normal from the way it's designed it has to go up and over before it goes down the shoot so there's always water present.
KIRK71  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:38:01 PM(UTC)
KIRK71

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
Your model number is bad......if it's allowing water into the unit unplugged you have a bad water inlet valve...........The PF code is just power failure which is normal when you unplug it or it loses power. There's always water in the detergent drawer in the different spots that normal from the way it's designed it has to go up and over before it goes down the shoot so there's always water present.

I checked the Inlet Valve
Part Number:AP4440713 and the sensor S
Part Number:
AP4440713

The cold side of the inlet valve was really hot. I removed the screen and you could see part of an O ring out of place coming down into the valve body preventing the valve from closing.
I unhooked the hose going into the water level sensor and blew into it. it took a lot of pressure to activate the sensor. the code I was getting was actually FE and PE. which is FE (Water level too high) and PE (water level sensor not working properly). I hope I am on the right track. There was also some white gunk like calcium deposits in the lines, probably some of the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply