Discuss

Heat Cuts off too Soon

in

Dryer Repair

. "

I have a Roper electric dryer that takes 3-4 cycles to dry clothes. It seems like the heat is cutting

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Heat Cuts off too Soon

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 06:46 AM

AlexW is on a distinguished road
Default Heat Cuts off too Soon
Brand: Roper   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Roper electric dryer that takes 3-4 cycles to dry clothes. It seems like the heat is cutting off too soon. The issue is more noticeable on low, but it takes at least 2 cycles to dry the clothing on high.

I get correct resistance at all of the thermostats and fuses. I went ahead and replaced the cycling thermostat anyway, but it did not help.

Any suggestions?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-11-2013, 06:35 PM

HumboldtRepairMan is on a distinguished road

Whats the model number and is it gas or electric? Also check the venting leaving the unit and going out to the wall it should be like you have a blowdryer 3 from your hand if it's not fully blowing you have vent clogging and it needs to be cleaned.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:10 AM

It's electric. Sorry, I don't have the model number right now, need to find the manual. I double checked the vent and it's clear all the way from behind the dryer out the house. It also blows hot air pretty hard from a good distance away.

Last night, it shut off after running timed dry on high for about 10 minutes. I tried starting it again both last night and this morning, and it won't start. I'll test all the thermostats/fuses tonight and report back. I'll also provide a part #.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:01 PM

The dryer cut off due to the breaker tripping. I reset it, and it tripped again after 10 minutes. This is the first time I have had this happen. I haven't been able to locate a part number. I'd appreciate any advice you might have about how to proceed.

From some research online, I see that frequent breaker tripping may be due to a heating element short. I read 11 ohms when testing the element, which is within spec.

Last edited by AlexW : 09-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.