Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sinoed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:00:44 PM(UTC)
sinoed

Groups: Registered

Hoping someone with a bit of repair experience can help. My Bosch Vision 300 electric dryer (~2 years old) will not heat up to dry clothes. I checked the lint trap and cleaned everything out inside. I also checked the conductivity for the heating element, thermostat and fuse and all of them seem to be fine. I tried running the diagnostic program to check for error codes, but nothing shows up on the display. All the programs and everything seem to work, I'm just not getting any heat.

What do I check next..? Or I am already at the point where it could be the control board? Any help is appreciated, I'm in a remote area and don't have a local service center that supports Bosch appliances.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 4:02:40 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check to make sure you have 240v at the back of your unit where the plug mounts into the unit at the terminal block.......if you don't you have an issue with your breaker wiring in house. if you do here's some helpful video's, check inside your unit for a tech sheet on a wiring diagram if not go to the element and follow your way back testing continuity on every single wire in that circuit and all the thermostats, fuses, thermisters in the system all the way back to the timer.......
bosch dryer not heating - YouTube
sinoed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:12:16 PM(UTC)
sinoed

Thanks, I did exactly that and found a faulty breaker. Problem solved thank goodness - much cheaper than a control board! :)
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:41:23 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Ah yeah i got a call on a dryer today that had the same problem for me easy money.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 7:07:18 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hopefully I can post here to get the information out there. Despite what I found elsewhere on the internet, the Bosch 300 does have a reset switch. You have to remove about 30 torx screws In the back to remove the back. This will even require you to lift the top of it off a little bit to get to some top screws. Once you get the back plate off, in the lower right corner there is a box shaped thing that is the heating element and the switch is right next to it. Big red button… you can’t miss it. Also it is worth saying that removing the bottom front plate is a useless task. There’s nothing behind it on the electric model but another solid plate without any access to the bottom of the dryer. You’re welcome.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply