Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pinball hog  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:58:14 PM(UTC)
Pinball hog

Groups: Registered

This is a Fisher Paykel. Sometimes when I start it gets hot, and sometimes it doesn't. There is no pattern that I can tell. Of coarse when it's not hot the clothes never get dry. It seems lately its not heating more than it is. Sometimes it will start heating and then stop after a few min. What should I look for to repair it? Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:24:22 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

This website doesn't have that model number but it comes up under sears parts under de08. Watch a couple video's on this weblink and i'm sure you can figure it out you'll need a multimeter. Good luck.....the problem your having could be your venting is clogged in your house or it sounds like a possibly operating thermostat issue but test all thermostats, element and fuses and power going to unit it must be 240v at the wall check that first and make sure you don't have an electrical problem with your house.
electric dryer sometimes not heating - YouTube
Pinball hog  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 9:22:19 PM(UTC)
Pinball hog

I need an opinion. I think my problem is the timer. I can open the door and hold the door button down and push start and I can see the coils heat up. Then I can reach up and touch the timer knob and just put a little pressure on it either left or right, not even turning it, and the heater coils turn off. When I let go of the timer sometimes the coils come right back on and sometimes they don't. Does that sound like a bad timer? I have checked all the connections and all the wires seem to have good connections.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:00:45 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Try testing the coils first.......their cheaper and more prone to going out..........if that's not your problem buy a timer if you want because your saying it's not working right when you press on it. Good luck
testing dryer coils - YouTube
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply