Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tae  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:51:36 PM(UTC)
tae

Groups: Registered

Symptom: Sensor light with "Wet", Start button but gas dryer does not run. Hear 1 click shortly after Start button but nothing happens.

Trialed: 1) trialed diagnostics menu for sensor test, it beeps so according to manual it's working, 2) Purchased and installed new Thermal Fuse, but same issue, don't run. 3) in user diagnostics mode, I tried performing installation tests, pushed start button which should have started All functional tests but nothing happens (no motor run, just 1 click from circuit board area... i'm thinking motor relay?). However, water test works fine with water mist.

Error Code: in user control mode, it showed F4E3, but now in install diagnostics is now showing F1E1 error code.. believed to be either CCU (circuit board?) or Motor. I haven't done multimeter testing yet, as I'm not an expert.

Hello, I had replaced Thermal Fuse today thinking that it may have been the issue but unsuccessful in getting the dryer started. Moisture sensor appears to work fine. I'm thinking it's either the circuit board or the motor but not sure obviously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tae  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 7:13:00 PM(UTC)
tae

Hi all,
Some updates to my issue, I would really appreciate any advice on it before I spend more $$ down the toilet.

1) I purchased replacement CCU (circuit board) but it did not resolve the issue.
2) I am trying to verify if my dryer motor is dead... so below is what i had trialed today:

I attached 3 pictures for reference (if pictures are not coming out well, i can email larger image separately)
1 user manual section on motor check
2 my motor with wiring diagram
3 electrical diagram for motor (page 21 of manual).

Using 1st picture from above (manual, sections 9 & 10). I followed the instructions and I’m getting below results:
a) Lt blue #4 + #5 copper(unplugged) = no reading in ohms. [In the manual it says I need to get 3.3 ~ 3.6 ohms].
b) Lt blue #4 + #3 copper(plugged) = no reading in ohms [in the manual it says I need to get 2.7 ~ 3.0 ohms].

I also checked section 11 to ensure belt switch was working OK, and it is working OK per testing.

At this point my conclusion is that motor is dead. Thoughts?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.
tae attached the following image(s):
DryerManualMotorCheckSection.jpg
dryer_motor_wiring#.jpg
DryerMotorElectricalDiagram.jpg
JulesLamers  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 10:46:59 PM(UTC)
JulesLamers

I guess some wires have been dismantled from the rotor..you might wanna check them out.
tae  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:02:29 AM(UTC)
tae

Hi JulesLamers, appreciate the suggestion. I had double checked and all wires are where they were supposed to be. I tried to be careful in taking things apart knowing I had to put thing back the way it was.

I did some additional trials and were able to get some ohms reading as suggested by manual, but only when belt switch was closed, which sort of makes sense. What I'm still confused about is that reading does match what manual says, so I'm really lost as to what the fix is.

CCU (circuit board) = changed still does not work.
Motor check per manual = ohms read looks to be ok with (belt switch closed, Lt. blue wire + 5 wire, and Lt. blue wire + 3 wire.

only thing I haven't done is to take the motor out of the dryer (not looking forward to taking Everything apart) and see. Is there a way to test the motor outside of dryer? :confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply