Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Coroner81  
#1 Posted: : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:11:34 AM(UTC)
Coroner81

Groups: Registered

I was here about 3 years ago, and you guys helped me fix a no heat issue, and had all the parts I needed in the online store, so I figured I'd stop back in :)

Well, basically the same problem as before, Dryer works, but I have no heat.

Diagnoses:

Thermal fuse OK
Hi-limit OK
Thermal cutoff OK
Ignitor OK

When pulling the dryer out, I noticed a small odor of gas. Upon playing with the flex line a bit, I noticed an audible leak where the flex line meets the metal fitting.

Cycling t-stat untested as of yet.

I will be replacing the flex line, and I need to take a look at the hi-limit and cutoff, I had the dryer running and tested them with the meter, accidentally shorting against the air duct, thus blowing the unit.

Anyways.. before I was testing things with the power on, blowing a cutoff/hi-limit like a noob, This is what I have: Start cycle and the motor runs normal. Ignitor glows bright orange for somewhere between 15-30 seconds, then turns off. Motor continues running. I did NOT test with the gas on, as a small leak was in the hose.

Any ideas where to run with this? I'll be testing the cycling t-stat today, and after that I'm stuck.

There's also a unit with 2 wires on the outside of the flame shield, that I'm thinking could possibly be an issue, but I'm unsure what this is, and how to test it.

Thank you all in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.