Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eatsleepgodiving  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:35:53 AM(UTC)
eatsleepgodiving

Groups: Registered

I am trying to remove the heating element (Part #8544771). Most instructions say just remove the one screw, disconnect the element wires and pull out but mine doesn't pull out. I've seen to posts on different site where people had the same problem and ended up taking the screws out of the heating box only to find at the back there was a tab they could have pressed to release the unit. The parts diagram shows #52 which it calls a flange but I can't seem to see it. How do I either get the whole box out or just the heating element?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:47:55 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Bulkhead parts for Whirlpool YWED9200SQ0 - AppliancePartsPros.com
Remove part number 50 on the diagram and there might be a few screws on the side of the heater housing you remove then the element should slide right out the front real easy.
This video should help
Heating element Whirlpool 27 inch electric dryer - YouTube
eatsleepgodiving  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:52:13 AM(UTC)
eatsleepgodiving

I forgot to mention that I did remove the heat shield (Part 50) but it still doesn't come out. The 2 screws on each side of the heating box are difficult to reach and I didn't think they needed to come out to slide out the heating element. I thought I would need to release the tab from the clip in the back to pull the heating element or the heating box out. If I need to reach the 4 screws I'll probably need to take apart the dryer and remove the drum to reach them!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply