Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobBear4  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:13:45 AM(UTC)
BobBear4

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer, Model GGW9250PW3, that is not heating. After following the excellent advice on this site, I replaced the moisture sensor bars, thermal fuse, thermistor, gas coils, and the igniter (parts purchased from AppliancePartsPros.com). The dryer worked for fine one day and now the problem has recurred - dryer not heating. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:32:46 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check your gas supply pressure. Check your plug make sure you have good polarity. Check all thermostats through the heating system you just replaced the thermister but didn't test the rest of the thermostats? Take them out and shake them see if you hear alot of rattling. Here's a helpful video.
Gas Dryer Repair Video: Heating Problems - YouTube
BobBear4  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
BobBear4

Thanks, HumboldtRepairMan. The gas and electrical supply to the dryer are good. The thermostat also checks good. It is rather confusing, since it worked perfectly after replacing all of the parts - but stopped after only one day. It appears like the only thing left to replace is the control board.
BobBear4  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:06:40 AM(UTC)
BobBear4

The mystery continues. I replaced the control board, flame sensor, and high limit thermostat. Rechecked the resistance of the gas coils and the voltage supply to the igniter. Still no heat...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:13:05 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Checked voltage to ignitor and made sure it's 120v?
BobBear4  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:16:30 AM(UTC)
BobBear4

Yes - 120v at the igniter.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:25:19 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

If you have 120v to the ignitor the control appears to be working properly in that aspect and if the coils you bought were good it should work unless your gas valve is bad and not releasing that's the only thing left i can think of if you have good gas pressure and have checked all the thermostats. Damn Duets! They can be a pain lol
BobBear4  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:39:13 AM(UTC)
BobBear4

Thanks, HumboldtRepairMan. I was wondering if the coils I got from AppliancePartsPros.com were bad - but a resistance check shows them to be okay. It is really driving me crazy, since the dryer worked for one day after replacing the coils and other parts. I'm wondering if I should order another set with a gas valve, call a repairman, or just replace the dryer!

Again, thanks.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:41:17 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

You can send parts back and i'd suggest the whole valve assembly they usually have the ignitor and coils included but make sure they do before ordering. Or go on craigs list and find one that works fine from someone moving for 100 bucks.........make sure to test at least 20-30 minutes though if it a gas dryer because it takes that long to recognise coil or burner issues sometimes
BobBear4  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:25:40 AM(UTC)
BobBear4

Thanks, again - HumboldtRepairMan. The whole valve assembly is available - but not in stock. I'm going to call AppliancePartsPros and see what my options are for returning the parts, since I did not save the original packaging.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply