Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
garytk  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 1:22:18 PM(UTC)
garytk

Groups: Registered

StoneyJB,
Thanks for your reply and suggestions.
I rechecked the exhaust duct and found it clean and clear. Cecked for bug screen on wall vent but there was none and vent was clear and plastic flaps operated correctly. Also, the exhaust line is as short as possible (5 ft from end to end) and has no obstructions.
Still wondering about the moisture sensor. If this model has none, how does the automatic function work? Why does the parts diagram show a senser? and why do the distributors list the part for this model? My suspicion is that there is a senser, but I just can't find it. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks.

This gas dryer dries clothes okay but won't shut off on automatic cycle when clothes are dry. I saw another posting with troubleshooting tip on checking continuity at moisture sensor. checked your parts catalog to see what sensor looks like. But I can't find that part inside the dryer tumbler. Can you tell me where the part is located, and the best way to gain access to it?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 2:42:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Perform the troubleshooting as instructed in the Service manual (page 4-2).

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG LDG4000AAW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
stoneyjb  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:51:17 PM(UTC)
stoneyjb

Originally Posted by: garytk Go to Quoted Post
This gas dryer dries clothes okay but won't shut off on automatic cycle when clothes are dry. I saw another posting with troubleshooting tip on checking continuity at moisture sensor. checked your parts catalog to see what sensor looks like. But I can't find that part inside the dryer tumbler. Can you tell me where the part is located, and the best way to gain access to it?
Thanks!

I have the exact same dryer and problem. I have taken the dryer apart but could not find the humity sensor. Checking with the schematic and a local parts supplier, I discovered that there is no humity sensor on the LDG4000AAW. I did discover the rear drum seal, flet belt, had fallen apart and needed to be replaced.

The Part supplier suggested that if the felt seals leak, the dryer may not stop in auto mode. Replaced the rear felt seal for $13 but still no luck. Yearly I clean the exhaust duct but this time, I found the bug screen was totally clogged. After a complete clean out of the duct, the dryer now works correctly.

Stoneyjb
stoneyjb  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:54:56 PM(UTC)
stoneyjb

I checked with the local parts supply house and they said there is no moisture sensor. The dry uses the temp sensor. When the air is moise the temperature of the exhaust is less than when it is dry. It is not an accurate method but it works assuming an unrestricted air flow.

After checking the exhuast hood the exits the roof. Right at the exit point is a screen that was piled up with lint to the point it restricted the air flow.

You might try a test. Just purchase flex duct and run the duct out the door and let it run. If it works then you my have an obstruction. Have you checked the exhaust duct inside the dryer?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply