Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chaz R  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:26:35 PM(UTC)
Chaz R

Groups: Registered

Moved dryer and had to take off power wires and when i hooed it back up i wired it like a 120v instead of 220v (my mistake) was not thinking at the time. of corse it shorted out and now the only thing that will come on is the light in the drum. Checked some of the things on the inside wiring and didn't find anything wrong. Think i took out one of the boards!!!! Any suggestions on what to check?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:32:38 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Your model number is incomplete it has more digits...............At plug connection inside dryer junction box.......Red to red..........black to black...........white to white............green to green if you have a 4 prong plug....Take your multimeter and test electricity red to white (120v)...........black to white 120v.......red to black 240v....if you don't have these readings you have a problem with your receptacle or your breaker isn't completely reset....If it's an electric dryer go flip the breaker/breakers on and off a couple times and make sure you get these readings at the unit.
Chaz R  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:26:31 PM(UTC)
Chaz R

I hooked it up wrong!!! It is hard wired to dryer. Three wire hook up. It has a ground, black and white. I wired it black to black then white to white then ground which on 220v is wrong. I gooofed up not thinking. Tripped the breaker right away because it was dead shorted. Re-wired it correctly after that but must have taken out a board or something i am missing. Power to post are ok, checked thermostats and everything inside housing and seem to be ok. Can't get controls to come on, inside dryer light is the only thing that works. Sorry for the confusion on what I did!!!!:( Any ideas what else I might have shorted.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:09:44 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check to see if you have 120v going to your main control, more then likely you fried the control board by doing this but you could of fried other things also.............here's your parts and part numbers if you order off this site and your part doesn't fix your problem you can return it..........Good luck id start with the main control first......this site says it's not available and sears site is giving me weird and not matching numbers you'll have to contact the manufacture or local appliance repair place possibly.....Good luck
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...hirlpool-wed9600tw0.html
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply