Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
norrisfixgirl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:54:55 PM(UTC)
norrisfixgirl

Groups: Registered

Hi! I have a front loading Whirlpool Gas Dryer GGW9200LW... The last few months it has been taking longer and longer to dry a load of clothes until last week when it just stopped producing heat resulting in cold wet clothes at the end of each cycle. I did a lot of research and trouble shooting and found that the burner would ignite initially when I turned the dryer on for a minute or two...after that the flame would go out and then every few minutes the igniter would glow red but no flame.

I took apart the entire unit and cleaned all of the lint (there was a lot) from inside the dryer. I replaced the set of gas valves and now the dryer works…it is igniting and burning enough to dry clothes…however after a few days I have noticed that the heat is not very hot when set to automatic drying cycles and a load of clothes is taking 2-3 cycles to dry. When I set the dryer to manual dry for say 60 minutes….the dryer is heating but again not very hot…when I check on the clothes half way through the timed drying cycle they feel warm but at the end of cycle the clothes are damp and cold as I think the heat is stopping mid cycle….any suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.