Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DCG65  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:56:52 AM(UTC)
DCG65

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced a dryer belt and within 24 hours it was broken again. during the installation of the next belt, i noticed that the belt was rubbing against itself on the motor and also against the guide arm. I've watched the installation video a hundred times and do not know where I am going wrong. can anyone help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:04:40 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Groups: Registered

One big thing about belts if you have to make sure you have the ribbed side facing the right direction most of all dryers they have the ribbed side facing the drum but Maytags especially older ones are not that way sometimes and have the smooth side against the drum that's a common mistake. Also did you loop the belt around the tensioner and motor properly in the way it came off did you pay attention? What you do is put the belt on and test it by rotating the drum by hand first before putting in all back together to see if the belt is going to pop right off......you may possibly have a bad idler pully which in most cases i like to put new ones on when i do belts because some of the older styles just rubbed a plastic piece rather then having a roller type.......or motor pully shaft is bent possible..........also check the rollers which the drump set on in the back and possibly the front and take hi temp grease and lubricate the shafts if necessary, examine the wheel turns should have much resistance and also inspect the shaft the rollers sit on for bending they should be straight on and the wheel should spin freely like a roller skate.........check the condition of the felt on the drum and the guides and felt on the front of the drum........and once in a thousand you get a complete bent drum but that doesn't happen too often with the older ones the newer samsungs and LG's make there drums paper thin and they bend and break real easy. Good luck
denman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:05:33 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Perhaps the attached will help
File Attachment(s):
Belt install.pdf (43kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply