Discuss

Whirlpool Electric Thermostat-Please help me

in

Dryer Repair

. "

My Whirlppol electric dryer (I cannot find a model number) wasn't heating. I checked the hoses and the vent... were

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Whirlpool Electric Thermostat-Please help me

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 09:26 AM

bdoon is on a distinguished road
Question Whirlpool Electric Thermostat-Please help me
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My Whirlppol electric dryer (I cannot find a model number) wasn't heating. I checked the hoses and the vent... were OK. I pulled the back off and replaced the heating element... No problem.

However, the thermostat Sears gave me to replace the existing thermostat is different. The initial set up was 2 red and 1 orange wire from the electrical harness to the thermostat. I pulled those off after marking them. The replacement thermostat that Sears gave me is similar but not exactly the same. It has two plugs for wires from the thermostat and the thired plug on this new thermostat makes use of a jumper wire from the thermostat to the connecton under the thermostat which leaves one wire from the electrical harness disconnected.

Am I missing something here? I can't leave a wire disconnected. Did Sears give me the wrong part? They are very similar and when I went to the films on You Tube they show the replacement thermostat not the original one I had.

Brian Muldoon
bdoon51@gmail.com

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.