Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
candt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:03:12 PM(UTC)
candt

Groups: Registered

I pulled the toe panel to see whats going on and I observed a few things. The first time I did this, I saw an orange glow in a metal cylinder towards the back of the unit. It did this for a short amount of time, then a blue flame was ignited in this cylinder. After a couple minutes the flame went out. Then there was a short pause, and the orange glow came back, however, this time there was no blue flame. It simply glowed orange for a little bit, then clicked off. And this is what it would keep doing over and over. It will glow orange for a bit, then click off. Then a 60 second pause or so, and it will do it again. Im not really sure where to start on this, as I have never repaired a dryer before. Any ideas on possible causes for this behavior?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.